El Paso Texas Tort Claims Act Attorney | Lawyers that Sue El Paso or Texas
El Paso Texas Tort Claims Act lawyers may pursue cases against state the Texas, the City of El Paso or El Paso County, Texas. In order to accomplish this task, they must follow the rules set forth in the Texas Tort Claims Act.
- Sec. 101.021. Governmental Liability.
- Sec. 101.0211. No Liability for Joint Enterprise.
- Sec. 101.0215. Liability of a Municipality.
- Sec. 101.022. Duty Owed: Premise and Special Defects.
- Sec. 101.023. Limitation on Liability on Amount of Liability.
- Sec. 101.024. Exemplary Damages.
- Sec. 101.025. Waiver of Governmental Immunity Permission to Sue.
- Sec. 101.026. Individual's Immunity Preserved.
- Sec. 101.027. Liability Insurance.
- Sec. 101.028. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Sec. 101.029. Liability for Certain Conduct of State Prison Inmates.
- Sec. 101.051. School and Junior College Districts Partially Excluded.
- Sec. 101.052. Legislative.
- Sec. 101.053. Judicial.
- Sec. 101.054. State Military Personnel.
- Sec. 101.055. Certain Governmental Functions.
- Sec. 101.056. Discretionary Powers.
- Sec. 101.057. Civil Disobedience and Intentional Torts.
- Sec. 101.058. Landowner's Liability.
- Sec. 101.059. Attractive Nuisances.
- Sec. 101.060. Traffic and Road Control Devices.
- Sec. 101.061. Tort Committed Before January 1, 1970.
- Sec. 101.062. 9-1-1 Emergency Service.
- Sec. 101.063. Members of Public Health District.
- Sec. 101.064. Land Acquired Under Foreclosure of Lien.
- Sec. 101.065. Negligence of Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officers.
- Sec. 101.066. Computer Date Failure.
- Sec. 101.067. Graffiti Removal.
The city shall not be liable to any person for injuries suffered to his person or the person of another unless the injured person, or someone on his behalf, shall within ninety days or within six months for good cause shown from the date the damage occurred or the injury was received, give notice in writing to the mayor of the following facts:
A. The date and time when the damage or injury occurred and the place where the damage occurred or where the injured person was at the time the injury was received;
B. The nature and extent of the damage or injury together with a specific and detailed statement of how and under what circumstances the injury occurred;
C. The names of all the persons who according to the knowledge or information of the claimant witnessed the happening of the damage or of the injury or any part thereof and the name of the doctors, if any, to whose care the injured person is committed.
(Ord. 11309 § 1, 1993: prior code § 2-1 (part))
The city shall not be liable for damages for wrongful death unless the person, or one of the persons, entitled to recover such damages shall, within ninety days or within six months for good cause shown from the date of the injury or accident causing such death, give notice to the mayor substantially as required by Section 3.28.010 in personal injury cases; or unless the person who was injured and died as a result thereof, or someone for him, had given the notice required by Section 3.28.010.
Richarda Duffy Momsen
#2 Civic Center Plaza, 2nd floor of City Hall
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone: (915) 541-4127, Fax: (915) 541-4306
- Sec. 101.102. Commencement of Suit.
- Sec. 101.103. Legal Representation.
- Sec. 101.104. Evidence of Insurance Coverage.
- Sec. 101.105. Settlement.
- Sec. 101.106. Election of Remedies.
- Sec. 101.107. Payment and Collection of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.108. Ad Valorem Taxes for Payment of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.109. Payment of Claims against Certain Universities.
Please visit our Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer page for an understanding of the difference between the state action and the federal action.
El Paso attorneys that sue the City of El Paso, or El Paso County or the state of Texas Serve
Clients throughout Western Texas, including Anthony, Belen, Borderland, Buena Vista, Buford, Butterfield, Canutillo, Chaparral, Clint, El Paso, Ft. Bliss, Horizon City, Loma Terrace, Prado Verde, Santa Martina, Socorro, Sparks, Vinton, Westway, and other communities in El Paso County.